Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resizing a partition!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hi,

I am using Acronis to try resizing a 200 GB partition, the last partition on my SATA 750 GB HD, but it wont.

I've looked at the other partitions to see if Acronis is working and they are all available to resize easily.

This 200 GB partition though recognized is not available for resizing (the up and down blue tabs next to it wont light up?). I can move the partition and/or change the size of unallocated space around this partition but it will not be made available for resizing? I don't get this when the other partitions can be resized?

Does anyone know why this might be? And how it might be fixed?

I am tired of moving large amounts of GB between partitions to delete partitions just to resize them!

John

Edited by Johnz414, 25 April 2009 - 02:50 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Just a WAG, rename the volume, assign a different drive letter
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

WOW, :thumbsup:

That actually worked. I got up to 40 MB/s initially then settling to about 20 MB/s, still a big improvement.

So, why would that make a difference?

I am trying to set up my PC so that I don't have to change things around to often but I'd still like to keep high performance.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Edited by Johnz414, 26 April 2009 - 12:14 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users