Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC starts then stops windows loading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert1973

Robert1973

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

Today my computer found and quarantined virumonde then said I needed to restart. After restarting, I entered in my windows log in password and it started to load, but then saved and brought me back to log in screen. I have tried numerous attempts and still get the same results. I get the same with trying to start in safe mode. I have read some posts and cleaned the inside out and made sure all fans are running, but still no success in getting to desktop. Any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated as that computer has my final assignment on it and I have no way to retrieve it to be handed in next week.

I am running Win Xp Home edition on a Gateway 700X model compuer and not sure what other informatin will be helpful as this is my first time using a forum.

Thank you for any help,
Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert1973

Robert1973
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

I have looked over some posts and decided to run the windows repair disk that came with the computer and can now get desktop to load. Can anyone help me search for and remove whatever caused this to happen in the fist place? I will run antivirus and post what it finds. But as for hijack this logs, I have no idea how to post them to help you in helping me but will dig thru more boards to see what I can come up with.

#3 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

I would suggest that you open up a new topic here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

The folks there can give you expert advice in removing malware from your computer.Please, don't post any HighJackThis logs here. That will only cause your topic to be moved or ignored.

Once you have your system cleaned up and you still have problems or questions you can re-post in this forum and we will be glad to assist you.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#4 Robert1973

Robert1973
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

thank you and will move to that forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users