Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Me, Myself and I

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lethal_Banana

Lethal_Banana

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:54 AM

Greetings and hello to you all!

I stumbled upon this site while googling for a certain virus I was removing for a customer, and suddenly noticed you guys had killbox downloadable. I removed the virus for the customer and put up a mental note to check the site out when I had more time.

So here I am. I quickly browsed through the different topics and really liked what I saw. That is, in short, alot of very knowledgeable people willing to help their fellow users.

I would say I am a pretty advanced computer user, and I like to dwell on tech related forums, so I figured I shouldn't just lurk around this time.

I am offering my assistance to anyone who needs help with something computer related (be it viruses or something else), and I'll be looking forward to all the great suggestions I can get from you as well :thumbsup:

I am not posting this to brag or anything, but just so you know I will be around to help, and last but not least: Looking forward to some great discussions here :D

With kind regards,
Petteri Aalto

P.S. For those that care, I am currently working for Symantec and I have a CCNA certificate. On my way to CCNP and MCSE in a few months. D.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

Greetings to you also Lethal_Banana... Petteri. :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly for saying hello to us. :flowers: and :trumpet: to Bleeping Computer. We would certainly be grateful for any input you might have for us. Thank you for your offer to help here. Please make yourself at home at BC. :inlove:

:cool: :)

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:33 AM

Hello Lethal_Banana and welcome to BC.

Its sounds like you and your expertise will be a great addition to our site and hopefully we will see you participating frequently. BC is growing quite rapidly right now so I'm sure you will find many interesting scenarios to pique your interest.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 Lethal_Banana

Lethal_Banana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome guys ;)

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:03 AM

Welcome to a great user community, where members share their areas of expertise to help one another.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 KristiE

KristiE

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

Hi. Although I've been using computers since data entry type was keypunch, I have never gotten a virus. Well, I now have one and stumbled onto this site after my daughter told me that she had gotten one and was helped by exploring the internet for viruses. It's wonderful to know that there is a place that helps (without calling in the geek squad or something similar).

Am hoping that someone can help me get rid of this thing. I've tried on my own but have been unable to eliminate it from my computer.

Kristi E.

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Lethal_Banana
You've come to the right place for computer help. :flowers:

Good Luck,