Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer not loading

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Amber C

Amber C

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

I don't know what the problem seems to be, but everytime I click on Internet Explorer, it will not load. I eventually get a generic error message that asks me if I want to see if there's a "fix" or not. Nothing ever comes for a result, and I'm told that Microsoft will look into it....etc. I do have Windows XP Home on my computer and have recently purchased and installed McAfee Total Protection 2009 on my computer. I don't know if it's related to the IE problem or not, but now it won't update. It's like it's being blocked from something, so I don't have the most up to date information for that to try and rid of whatever is attacking my computer. Please let me know what to do first. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

So...IE cannot access any websites?

What is the exact wording of the resulting error message(s)?

Louis

#3 Amber C

Amber C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

It's not that it won't load any websites, it won't load period. It acts like it's going to come up, and never does. I get a message that says Internet Explorer failed to respond. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Internet Explorer. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, click here. Then I have the options have clicking on either "Send Error Report" or "Don't Send" When I click on Send Error Report, I wait for it to finish and then it says "Thank you for taking the time to report this problem. Please follow the link below for information which may prevent this problem in the future. Then I can click on More information or Close. When I click on More information I get "The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." My choice after that is to click "OK". Half the time I don't even get an error message. I have to access the Internet with Firefox or AOL, and I don't like using them, but they are my only options right now.

Edited by Amber C, 25 April 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

Update IE to latest version IE8.0

#5 Amber C

Amber C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

It's not just IE, there is something blocking me from my virus scan updates, IE doesn't even come up. I double click the icon, nothing happens, I right-click and try to run it that way. It doesn't work, period. Should I do a hi-jack log first or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users