Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with system restore

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 audiO

audiO

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

It appears I have some indepth Keylogger on my computer that AVG, Malaware anti-bytes and super anti spyware is not picking up. Even in safemode, SD fix didn't pick it up. My WoW account has been hacked for the 2nd time this week after its restoration. I have no restore points in System restore, how can I put my computer back about 2 weeks?

help please :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

I have no restore points in System restore, how can I put my computer back about 2 weeks?

Kind of hard to do without any restore points
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 audiO

audiO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

Well, there are days where I installed programs and such, updated AVG ect but no actual "points." I dunno man probably just gonna do a complete restore.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

How can you do complete-restore without restore points?

If AVG cannot find the keylogger then best option is to reformat and reinstall, if feasible for you of course. You never know how deep it has installed itself and if it can be removed or not.

I suggest you format hard disk and re-install windows and update it fully, install a good firewall and decent anti-virus (like Avira) before using any WoW accounts, if possible.

#5 audiO

audiO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

Just re-formated, downloading Avira now, have any recommendation for a good firewall?

#6 boilerman

boilerman

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

http://www.tallemu.com/downloads.html ONLINE ARMOR Firewall (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)

There is a Free version.

Edited by boilerman, 25 April 2009 - 07:11 AM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

The Windows XP firewall is adequate...for users who want more control, I use Sunbelt's free firewall...it appears as a trial on the website, but it reverts to the free version once the trial period is over (automatically reverts).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users