Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Way to prevent Explorer from re-sorting my files?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Daghead_*

Guest_Daghead_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

Maybe a year ago I got sick of having to wonder how I saved everything I ever created on my computer, and dedicated myself to organizing everything as meticulously and methodically as possible. My start menu.

Every other folder is arranged just as carefully. One major problem though: Even though "Remember each folder's view settings" is turned on, every few weeks or so, a folder will, for no apparent reason, revert to its default view settings. This means going from this to this (pictures folder). Which I'm sure you can understand, is extremely aggravating.

The nature of the way this problem works suggests to me that there is something deep in the guts of Windows that can be turned off, thus preventing it. So my question to all you crazy awesome gurus who I hope will be reading this is: how can that be turned off?

Thanks so much!
Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users