Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT file, major issues.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 SageMoonblade

SageMoonblade

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

I am having an issue with my computer. Its been freezing up and random internet explorer windows have been popping up. I ran HJT and found things that I am not used to finding on my scans every other week. Here is the log, please help.

Logfile of Trend Micro HiJackthis V2.0.2
Scan Saved at 4:22:55pm on 4/24/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer V6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running Processes:
C:\windows\system32\smss.exe
C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\windows\system32\services.exe
C:\windows\system32\lass.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program files\microsoft SQL Server\mssql $ Inventorcontent\binn\Sqlservr.exe
C:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\windows\explorer.exe
C:\Documents and settings\desktop\other\HiJackthis.exe

02 - BHO: (no name) - {b599274e-4329-4295-8eb2-ce40c01f2805} - C:\windows\system32\aarqqdq.dll
02 - BHO: (no name) - {cfbfb81f-bf79-4550-8fcd-692b2bd88e91} - C:\windows\systems32\butebepo.dll (file missing)
04 - HKLM\..\Run: [gapasotovo] Rundll32.exe "C:\windows\system32\ kaduhaki.dll",s
04 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPMf74897e9] Rundll32.exe "C:\windows\system32\fufahiti.dll",a
04 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVCPLDAEMON] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll , NVstartup
04 - HKLM\..\Run: [userfaultcheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 - u
020 - APPInit_DLLS: C:\windows\system32\fufahiti.dll, C:\windows\system32\lawazepa.dll
020 - Winlogon Notify: zdktflp - C:windows\sytem32\aarqqdq.dll
021 - SSODL: SSODL {EC43E3FD-5C60-46a6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4} - C:\windows\system32\fufahiti.dll
022 - Sharedtaskscheduler: STS - {EC43E3FD-5C60-46a6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4} - C:\windows\system32\fufahiti.dll
023 - Service: Install Driver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Microvision Corperation - C:\Program files\common files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel32\IDriverT.exe
023 - Service :JavaQuickStarter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program fiels\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
023 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver service (NVSVC) - Nvidia Corporation - C:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
023 - sopidkc service (sopidkc) - unknown owner - C:\windows\system32\sopidkc.exe (file mising)

--
end of file - 2136 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

Hello Victim,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy.

My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.
As I am still in training I will be helping you under supervision of our expert teachers, so there may be a delay between posts.

Please make no further changes or run any other tools unless instructed to. This may hinder the cleaning of your machine.

I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions after it is approved.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

Hello SageMoonblade,

Please follow all directions in order. If you don't understand a direction or have problems while trying to complete it stop immediately and post your problem so we can solve the issue for you.

Just because your machine may start to run better does not mean you are clean. I will let you know when your machine is all clean.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.

I don't see an Anti Virus Program running on your machine
  • Download and install an antivirus program, and make sure that you keep it updated
    New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.
    Two good antivirus programs free for non-commercial home use are Avast! and Antivir
    Note: You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.
Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
  • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

Please download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) the file to its own folder such as C:\Gmer. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure.)
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on gmer.exe to start the program.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if GMER detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as gmer.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

Things to include in your next reply:
Combofix.txt
Gmer log
HiJackThis log
How is your computer running now?

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding :thumbup2:

With Regards,
fireman4it

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#5 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users