Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP deskjet f4240 not compatible with operating system

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcguru

kcguru

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

Is there anyway to run a deskjet f4240 on a windows 98se computer? The install software says it is not supported and I have no other printer available right now to install to this computer. Anyway to work around this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

Is there anyway to run a deskjet f4240 on a windows 98se computer? The install software says it is not supported and I have no other printer available right now to install to this computer. Anyway to work around this?

Try this can't hurt and does work a lot of the time! What I have done in the past is to got to control panel/add hardware, skip have disk and select pick from the list. Pick the same manufacturer, try various models, the usually gets it to print but will NOT give you full features.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users