Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is DotA-Allstars safe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 saubunch

saubunch

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

Can anyone tell me if DotA-Allstars is ok to download? I googled it and it brought up "known malware", but ya can't believe everything you find online.
Your insight is greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
:thumbsup:
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but it makes you smile if you push them down a flight of stairs!
XP H.E.Version 2002 S.P.2 - eMachines W3107, AMD Sempron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3100+,1.81 GHz, 384 MB of RAM,FIC K8MC51G,nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer,Seagate 93GB IDE,Ffox & O.E.,Cable Modem,AVAST 4.7.1098 /McAfee AVERT Stinger,SpywareBlaster 3.5.0.1/SpyNoMore/Spyware Dr./Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware 2007,ProCon/Windows Firewall/HijackThis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

Is this some sort of expansion for WarcraftIII?
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

If you're downloading from the official dota website (dota-allstars.com), it is safe. Once you download the file, you'll need to place it in your warcraft 3 maps folder.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 zequeins

zequeins

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Depends on where you download it, I guess. DotA Allstars is a popular map made for Warcraft III Frozen Throne. All you need is to download the map file from someplace, and voila! Of course, you will need the Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne expansion pack first....

That said though, let me provide you with a recent version of it, which includes AI for your son to play alone (though playing with friends would be superior, of course) to practice.

...wait a moment... I can't attach files here? Well, understandable in case of malwares, and no matter, I've uploaded it to Rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/227955277/DotA...ev._01.rar.html

#5 oRoro

oRoro

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

i got a link . usually downloaded from there .

DotA Allstars maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users