Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32 error... no sound!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shaz12

shaz12

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

I hope I have posted this in the right section, sorry if I haven't, but I'm new here.

When I was booting my pc up and windows had loaded, a box was appearing saying "Generic Host Process for Win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close" I also had no sound when I browsed the internet and clicked on any media i.e youtube. The volume icon from the task bar was even missing. Although I can play music through winamp and windows media player.

Someone advised me to make sure all my windows updates were up to date. I did this and it seems to have fixed the win32 problem, however I'm still having the sound problems and still missing the volume icon fron the task bar.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

I suppose that I would uninstall my sound device drivers...then reinstall them or update...as an effort to solve the sound problem.

I would do so on the premise that key files are damaged and need to be replaced.

How to update a Windows hardware driver - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/

Add Volume Control in Windows XP - http://www.petri.co.il/add_volume_control_in_windows_xp.htm

Louis

#3 shaz12

shaz12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

Thank you for you quick response. I'll give that a go! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users