Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Flush M

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimmie1978

jimmie1978

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

Hi,

My PC is infected with Trojan.Flush.M and I can't get rid of it. This Trojan seems to have disabled Norton 360 and now Norton will not scan or remove any viruses / trojans found, but will carry out other operations.
I have tried downloading and running AVG. This scans fine and picks up a dodgy DLL file in systems32 but will not remove it.
I have to point out that my knowledge of PC's is limited and will need to be talked through the stages of getting rid of this, that's if any one can help me out.
Is the first stage a Hyjackthis log?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Bump

#3 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:36 AM

Just to let everyone know. I have started from scratch and reloaded the OS as the virus was controlling so many things.
It wasn't too bad as I had only done it a week ago as my boot file had been corrupted so luckily I didn't lose that much.
Just to let you know, the trojan.flush.m controls your internet explorer by rebuilding registries and creating others. It disables your security features and takes control of almost everything on the PC, including the DVD drive.
I seriously feel sorry for who ever else manages to get infected with this one.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for informing us what you have done.
Good luck.

This Topic is closed.

Should you need it reopened, please contact a Forum Moderator. Include the address of this thread in your request.

If you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

This applies only to the original poster. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

R,
K
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users