Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

realplayer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kwani

kwani

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

does real player make windows xp homeedition run slowy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Do you mean while RealPlayer is running or just having it installed on the computer?

I never use RealPlayer but it is installed on my computer running Home Edition and I do not have any problems

Edited by Stang777, 23 April 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:48 AM

It has always been my perception that Real Player software installs...do such. But, that impression is from using software versions that are now years removed from the public.

You might be interested in http://www.thepcspy.com/read/what_really_s..._windows_down/5

Louis

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

It may depend on the version. I have RP11 which I only use to download video clips and I doubt that RP slows down XP. There's probably something else going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users