Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dim Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elavon

Elavon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

Need help with laptop. Dim screen. I have ruled out the inverter and the lcd bulb. Also have good video to external monitor.
Nice laptop. Acer Extensa. What to do next? Check cable as well.

Edited by Elavon, 23 April 2009 - 06:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

Hate to sound like a jerk because this is the most obvious thing to do, but have you tried turning the backlight up with the combination of fn and the up arrow (may be different on some laptops)? Hey you never know, sometimes people forget :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Elavon

Elavon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

I have tried this. But I don't think when you turn the brightness down this way, you can actually dim it completely.
Correct me if I am wrong. I have been messing with this laptop for a long time. Can't figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users