Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot S&D

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jozzyraxx

jozzyraxx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

I've got 2 icons to run Spybot. One of them is in the quick launch tray, and includes the words "advancedmode" after SpybotSD.exe. The other is found by going to Start - Programs and does not include the "advancedmode" bit. In both cases, the program starts up and immediately begins doing the scan.

If I've used the one with the "advancedmode" option, when the scan is finished, a page of errors is shown, but immediately overlaid with another box giving an error that the parameter is incorrect.

If I use the one from Start - Programs, also at the end of the scan, I get one or more of the following errors: 1) Exception eedfadeH in module unknown at 0000:00000000 followed by exception EOSError in module spybotSD at 000108DE
OR (2) Fatal exception 06 occurred at 0000:00000108.

I've got Spybot ver 1.3. My OS is Win98. Also running AVG Antivirus and ZoneAlarm Free firewall.

Hope somebody can tell me what my problem (or problems) is/are. I've been thinking of uninstalling Spybot and downloading the newer version.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

Even though the latest Spbot has been a little buggy, replacing your current version with the latest release seems like the best plan of attack. Be sure to remove the older version using Windows add/delete fuction before installing the newer version.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users