Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with new gtx 260 core 216? HELP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 randomhero189

randomhero189

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

well i just got a new gtx 260 core 216 today, upgrading from an ati x1950pro

my main problem is that with this new card, my monitor(24" sony gdm-fw900) becomes really fuzzy and unclear at high refresh rates at any resolution, and only looks nice and sharp at 60hz(which can be unbearable for me at times, especially with a crt monitor)

im almost 100% sure it has to be something with the video card or drivers, since things were perfectly fine and clear at all resolutions/refresh rates with my ati x1950pro

ive tried 3 different drivers (182.06- came with card, 182.50-latest WHQL, and 185.68-latest beta) and all the same result

anybody have any idea what is wrong, or is this normal with nvidia?

i can provide any other information that may help.

and on a side not, for some reason i do not have access to 1400x900 resolution anymore with this card/drivers like i had with my x1950pro

any help will be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Did you completely uninstall and delete the drivers from your old card? Is it fuzzy at these higher refresh rates all the time, or just while doing certain things? What resolution are you trying to run it at, and what refresh rate?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users