Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Bad with Hotmail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

I hope somebody can help me. I'm not sure where to turn. I had a hotmail account with all my contacts. This Saturday one of my horses is running in the Kentucky Derby and I had a picture of the horse I sent out in a mass mailing to all my contacts.

Hotmail closed my account and will not let me back into it. It is now my understanding that you can't send such mailings or they will stop the service for you.

Is there any way I can appeal to them to get at least my contacts? I don't know who to write or contact to request this. I would certainly hope that someone has had this problem and can tell me how I can at least get my contacts.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sincerely,

David Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

Click on the link below for Windows Live help.
On the left, under FAQ's, click on any entry.

When the entry page opens, look on the bottom right hand side and click on Get More Help.
Once on Get More Help click Get Support.

Enter all the info, making sure to give them an alternate email address to reply to.
Be specific with the details. Let them know how many were included in the mass mailing, and what you sent them, how long you've had the account.
Ask if you can have the account back.
It's possible that you sent to so many people that you were flagged as a spammer.
Be patient while you wait for a reply. It generally doesn't take to long.
Be prepared for them to ask you all sorts of questions to verify that you are indeed the account holder.
Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

https://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=liv...mp;market=en-us

Edited by Queen-Evie, 23 April 2009 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users