Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Abit-nf7 v2 motherboard fr. and rear MIC connectors.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raf96

raf96

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Ok so I've got a Abit-nf7 Motherboard which has two front panel connectors marked as MIC and Headphones. It also has same connectors at the back panel and those two are currently working (front ones do not work at all, wire leading from front to back is disconnected and the jumpers are set in the default position). So now...
What I'd like to do is to use them both. The back MIC connected to my camera, because this MIC is more sensitive and I don't have to stay close to it when I talk to someone...
...and I'd like to use front connectors for a regular headset for when I know I'm gonna be sitting right in front of my PC.

So the question is... Can I set it up in such a way that I could switch between them by changing "input" from "microphone1" to "microphone2" (because there are those two options available in the "nv mixer control panel".)?

(sorry for a chaotic form of my post, but you guys being a pros, most definitely will know what I have in mind right :thumbsup: )

I took a liberty off composing a photo to help explain what I'm asking for, so other users that may look for an answer to this post will have it easier.
Sorry for my English

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

I tried to locate the owners manual for your specific motherboard but only got one page of stats for the board. If you have your owners manual you need to locate the Front panel audio header on the motherboard that is where you will connect the wires from the front of the case. It also seems as though you have Front panel USB as well these will connect to a different connector. Make sure you have the correct ones.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 23 April 2009 - 02:59 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Usually you can't use both at the same time.
If the fron't panel mic is hooked to the motherboard when you plug a mic in it the back mic input will automatically be disabled.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 raf96

raf96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Just wanted to thank you both for you replies and the effort you've put in, trying to help me out.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but... well... I was kind of swamped, and didn't have much time to check out new postings.
Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users