Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

64bit browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prints Phil

Prints Phil

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

I tried down loading Adobe flash player 10 (and some other programs) and got this message:

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems
Issue
Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.
Reason
Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.
Solution
To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser.

How do I change my browser to 32 bit?

I was up sold to 64bit, is 64bit good or did I upgrade to a lemon?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Try going into your Program Files folder for Internet explorer and see if you can find the executable file for the 32 bit browser. Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#3 Prints Phil

Prints Phil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

nope, sorry, cant find any such executable file anywhere

#4 Prints Phil

Prints Phil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Its ok, I've found it. Sorry Ron, I was looking too deep in the programs folder.

In the Start menu, go to 'All Programs' and wait for all the programs to show.

Internet Explorer has 2 icons - Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer (64-bit)

Open Internet Explorer via the plain 'Internet Explorer' icon for 32-bit browsing.

Download and run Flash Player and other stuff - all okay

cheers

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users