Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi From Pasco County Florida!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deoge

deoge

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

I have visited bleeping computer several times, loved combifix, and decided to become a contributing member, I started in computers as a volunteer student intern at western electrics bell labs in '70. This was when the “bootstrap” programing (BIOS) was loaded with 16 toggle switches ( + an enter clear switch ) and 256 k of core memory and the CPU occupied two refrigerator sized panel racks. This was the early UNIX and development of ESS switching frames, tone dialing, quite an education. All about useless now, but surely gave an intimate understanding of the nuts and bolts of computing platforms.
Now, light years later in technology I'm still hooked UNIX and Linux are still my passion but one must be well versed in windows these days, no matter what so here I am, combating mal-ware, rogue virus gimmicks, all the windows maladies we all are currently dealing with.
Looking forward to learning and contributing, this could be a good time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

Your help and experience in Linux, as well as in Windows, will be appreciated.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 23 April 2009 - 08:47 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users