Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Done Setup! - Need Your Recommendations On These...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clucky

Clucky

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

My setup thus far will include:

- EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 X58 3-Way SLI Core i7 Motherboard
- Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8M L3 Cache 4.8GT/sec
- Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB RAM
- EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Now I need the following (either from amazon.com or newegg.com will do)

1) Case (this is probably the most important thing, I need a case that's big enough to hold all of the above)
2) Fan (what do you recommend?)
3) Speakers (I was thinking these cheap but good sounding bose ones)

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-II-mu...320&sr=1-16
OR
http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-Multi...m/dp/B00062QY5W

4) PSU (I think I'll need about 750wt)
5) Hard Drive (250-500gigs)

thanks a lot!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

For the case, you can go high end or not, as long as it can hold everything inside, below is suggestions. Note that all the cases come with fans already and you don't need an aftermarket heatsink and fan unless you plan to overclock.

Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case <<<Cheapest
NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case <<<Mid-range. It's aluminum so it is strong but lightweight.
COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case <<<Most expensive, but is elegant and my favorite.

If you want an aftermarket heatsink and fan, the Vigor Monsoon III LT Dual 120mm Fan CPU Cooler Socket 1366 Ready is an effective and quiet choice.

For the power supply, it all depends on what you are going to be doing with the GPU later on. If you want extra capacity for SLI (dual or triple), I suggest getting a PSU that is 800W or higher. But if you are going to be using a single card, a 750W is more than enough. Here are suggestions...

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W
OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI
SILVERSTONE ELEMENT ST85EF 850W

Hard drives are simple, go for a Western Digital or Seagate SATA drive that has a 32MB cache and can do SATA 3.

Remember, you need a 64-bit operating system to run 4GB or more of RAM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users