Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with my computer being compatible with my TV.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cordero

Cordero

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hello!
This is my very first post to bleepingcomputer. Thanks to this site i already removed 23 viruses haha :thumbsup:
Ok, i have my computer connected to my plasma TV. For example, whenever i turn on my computer or if im playing a
game and "tab" down to get back to my desktop i have to turn on and off my TV.. is this because a plasma tv is not a reliable monitor?
Is it just that simple? Or is there some setting that i can change or modify that will allow me to do so without having to resart my TV.
btw, my TV says RGB not supported whenever i have to restart it. :flowers:
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Plasma / Flat tv resolution options
Resolution options: Your basic choices for native, or true resolution are the following:

VGA, or "640 x 480" This is the lowest data resolution currently on the market, and usually the least expensive.
SVGA, or "800 x 600" This is a popular resolution today, because most notebook computers are SVGA. Matching the plasma resolution with the computer resolution will produce the best results.
XGA, or "1,024 x 768" - XGA plasma tvs are generally more expensive, and are the second most popular resolution format. Many of the newest products are coming out in XGA. They are getting more popular as prices drop and the use of XGA notebook computers increases.
SXGA, or "1,280 x 1,024" SXGA products are high resolution, and notably more expensive than XGA. These products are targeted for high end personal computer users and low end workstation users. They are used primarily for command and control, engineering and CAD/CAM applications where acute resolution of small details is important.
UXGA, or "1,600 x 1,200" UXGA is for very high resolution workstation applications that are detail or information intensive. These are expensive plasma tvs that support a broad range of computer equipment. Relatively few products on the market have this native resolution. i dont think that rgb is a supported format for your needs. Regards grassy.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users