Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Camera RAW mixup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zyrolasting

zyrolasting

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hey guys.

I'm new to the entire photography scene and have done research to buy my first camera.
Given my budget I settled on a Fujifilm FinePix s8100fd, which I'm very happy with.
However, I didn't understand that only so many models were supported by camera raw. (It's always frustrating that the many modern softwares seem to have the most limitations in some respects. I also never notice until AFTER a purchase!) I'm trying to become an ACE for Photoshop, but have only played the editing field, hence my mistake coming into camera raw as a novice.

Here's where I'm getting at... Given camera RAW is among the features used in the industry, how badly did I screw up purchasing a camera that cannot use it? Am I really missing out on a huge deal here without camera raw for my own needs?

Edited by zyrolasting, 22 April 2009 - 03:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

How much was the camera?

Secondly, for basic things you don't need RAW. I just got a new Pentax K20D a couple weeks ago, and I love it, but i rarely find myself taking RAWs, although the photo forum i'm on is hounding my to try it.

The Pro photographer of my county says he doesn't even use RAW anymore, since most jpgs are good enough for most photos.

Overall, I don't think you screwed up, unless you paid 600$+ for it. I'm guessing that it was probably 400$ at most.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users