Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead drive ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 laptop. The dvd/cd drive doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER anymore. It has also stopped reading any disc that I put in it.
I went to DEVICE MANAGER and there is a yellow exclamation mark on the dvd/cd drive. When I try to update the driver, it says that I already have the best driver available. When I go to Driver Agent . com, it sats that, that driver is good and there is no other driver available.
So, is the drive just dead ? I know it has power because the door opens and closes.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated !!
Thank you !
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Delete upper/lower filter keys

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:46 AM

Dang your good. That Microsoft fix did it ! It works perfect now !
Thank you for all your help and such a quick reply !!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I can help one day also !
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Glad it worked for you
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users