Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Entry Point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CooCo

CooCo

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

Ok, so lately I have had the error stated in the title. i used dependency walker to find out what was causing it, and it seemed to be that MSJAVA.dll could not be specified.

How can i fix this?

(It happens for MSN messenger, and Teamviewer)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

Anyone know?

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

If it is indeed MSJAVA.dll I would uninstall/reinstal JAVA
It's more that likely out of date

Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 13 or the most recent one..
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u11-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:32 PM

Thanks, will try this.

#5 CooCo

CooCo