Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Intenet Security/AUNPs2.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newbie12345

newbie12345

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

I have Windows XP. About 2 weeks ago I started getting a message when the computer booted up AUNPS2.dll module can't be found. I just closed the box and continued on.

Later that week when I tried to update my NIS the I got an error message that the system integrator has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have been to the symantec website for help. I have used their automated assistant which tells me I have no common threats. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the software following their instructions. Still the same error problem.

I have reinstalled several times including using the selective startup and nothing is working.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LadySilverWolf

LadySilverWolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

Hi I am not sure how much help this might be, but I found the same pop up coming on this morning, so started a search on what it was. I did find AUNPS2.DLL in my Nortons Quaratined as a virus. If it is interfering with your nortons you may have to reload it and get all the updates if it won't possible reformat is ahead. I am still checking the problem out as Nortons says its repaired. But we will see. If I find out the problem will let you know. Sincerly LadySilverWolf

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

This file is related to AlwaysUpdatedNews, and it is considered to be a parasite.

It might be a good idea to post a log in the HijackThis area of Bleeping to get it removed as well as any other lurkers that might be causing trouble.

Make sure to read the pinned post, "How to Submit a Hijackthis Log" and you can find the forum here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users