Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista file assosiation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skymark

skymark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

I am running vista 64 bit and everytime I try to open a file I get a no assosiation message. I can't even open "my computer" or anything. It also does this in safe mode. I cant attempt a repair because I cant do anything! Iam not sure if this is a virus or a software problem. Help needed fast.

Edited by skymark, 22 April 2009 - 12:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

hello skymark welcome to Bc :huh:

is this a problem that started all the sudden.or has it been like this a long time?
have you ran any scans? will a system restore help?
can you try start>default programs>Associate a file type or protocol with a program ?

FWIW you can open task manager >file (top left)>new task (run) type in program and run from there??

good luck
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 skymark

skymark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

I can't type in program and run it if I do I still get the Message that there is no association. It stated when I loaded a registry program "registry drill". I didn't do anything with it because it locked up. I then unistalled it. I can only get on the internet by going through a game program that has a browser with it. I tried to restore from a safe date and it still gave me the messages plus the restore said the settings didn't change. It is an HP Pavilian so I am presently reformatting an external drive so I can backup my files then I will try to restore to the "factory image". Thats all I can come up with. Anysuggestions will be entertained. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users