Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickib

nickib

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

Got this on my old system computer running '98. Have seen lots of info on forums showing code to insert etc etc. Not good at this anyway, but still getting the samev message and no access via the 'start' button even in safe mode. Is there something reliable I can download onto a disk to use at startup .... want a quick fix even if it costs .............. THANKYOU ALL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix for Smitfraud, as the following indicates:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...aid-t17258.html

If you feel you are unable to complete the removal process described in the above self-help guide, you may consider submitting a HijackThis! log for our volunteer team of experts to review and help you get rid of it. It is, unfortunately, much easier to get malware on your computer than it is to get rid of it.

Complete instructions for submitting a log are found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

Please carefully read and follow the instructions, and be patient, since logs are handled on a first-in first-out basis.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 20 June 2005 - 01:15 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 nickib

nickib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

thanks for this .... but wont allow access even in safe mode. If theres a way of getting out the last 2 days 'word' files I have just produced then I will just reformat the hard disk as an ultimate soloution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users