Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to totally remove PAV.exe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 denny4

denny4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

several days ago I got a download a program which kept telling me that I could have multiple virsus atrtack, and that this program PAV was the only way to fix them. it was called Personal Anti Virus software. every time i tried to access the internt this software would cut my access off and tell me the site was infected and that I should buy their program was the only way to get rid of it. as it turned out it appears that THIS program PAV was !!!! the virus , ( at least in my opinion ) because i CAN NOT get rid of it telling to buy thier program . but there was no way for me to delete thier add other than goining into SAFE mode and then deleting the file of PAV.exe. However now even with that file deleted i keep getting the pop up adds that say that i must buy thier program ,,,, does anyone know how to get rid of their continued pop up adds . One is a brown screen that ask me if i wan to continue unprotected, but even when i answer YES to that question, it will not let me to continue. I have been advised to download several register cleaners programs, but the problem is i CAN NOT access anythning on the internet anywhere to download anything becuase of ths ad keeps on preventing me from doing so this ? is there any referneces in the Register that I could look for to know what pertains to this ad or to personal antivirus ?

I learned to late from thier own teck service how to delete the program however the reason i can not do so is becase i aleready deleted the EXE file frm my conputer. by using the SAFE MODE any help woud be appreciated . It was not apparent that they had a teck servie for this until ii wnet searching for them but apparently if i would have used thier uninstall utility which is there, but they just do not announce it .

I would really like to know exact WHO they are or where they could be physically contacted, because i f did i would have the information i needed to report them the CPB consumer protection bureau

thank you very much if you can help

Denny .;

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

How to remove Personal Antivirus

When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 theunbubba

theunbubba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

I got an email back from my cousin who I helped get the Pav to stop blocking his internet traffic. He wrote an email to the people that wrote this "antivirus" program. they wrote back:
----------------------------------
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support Center.
Please follow my instructions to uninstall Personal Antivirus

1.Open My computer, choose Disk C;
2.Find the folder Program Files\Common Files\Uninstal\PAV\Uninstall.exe;
3.Run the file Uninstall.exe

After that our product will be removed.
Feel free to contact us if you need any help

support@softsupportmail.com

-----------------------------------
I don't know if this actually works.(we already cured his) Maybe somebody will volunteer to try it. It could be that they leave this way out to keep from being taken to court.
Could it really be this simple?

By the way. That came from :
securityhelpcenter.com

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:22 AM

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/78.47.91.153

http://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=78.47.91.153+

You would need interpol to run these guys down

Who says crime doesn't pay?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

WHOIS - 78.47.91.153

Personal Antivirus is a rogue security application. Beware of rogue security software and you should not trust any support that may be offered.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 SPEEDYBF

SPEEDYBF

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

The solution that theunbubba posted really works. I am very happy that my computer is working normally now. I had downloaded the pav.exe thinking that it was a ligitamate antivirus program. This program was very annoying. I could not get rid of it. Thank you for posting this informaton. I really appreciate it.

#7 liquorlady

liquorlady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

It did work and it was easy! Thanks! that thing was driving me crazy!!!!!! :thumbsup:

#8 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hi theunbubba, SPEEDYBF and Liquorlady,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. For our information, did any of you buy the program? Or did you find the Uninstall.exe without buying it? It would help us to know this, and it would help us to know if the uninstall.exe removed all of the files that this software installs.

Thanks.
Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users