Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgradeing to 64 bit.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iron mum

iron mum

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

OK so this might be a dumb question but I finally managed to get the 64 bit upgrade disc for my Vista home premium.
Here's the problem I thought I was ordering one disc but I got six, only one is marked with service pack 1 then another four marked 2 - 5 (all with green label) then I have a gold one that just says disc 1.
I am guessing that the gold disc is the 64 bit upgrade but want to be sure before I run it, exploring the disc gave no ideas.
Apart from my invoice there is nothing to say what disc is what.
Is the gold disc the 64 bit upgrade?.
Also is it as easy as Microsoft says in upgrading, according to the site it's a doddle but.......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iron mum

iron mum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:00 AM

How do you upgrade to 64 bit from 32 bit.
As I am getting conflicting information, Microsoft says you can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 and having just bought Vista home premium I have to now go and buy a full 64 bit retail.
Don't ask for help from Microsoft as I found them very rude and unhelpful.
Having orderd what I thought was 64 bit upgrade from there site I now have 6 discs mostly service pack one (which is pre-installed on my OS) and no 64.

Edited by iron mum, 22 April 2009 - 10:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users