Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista keep restarting after install

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Anna L

Anna L

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

My hard drive crashed for my Windows Vista/HP Laptop dv6500 and I wasn't able to fix it, so I ended up just buying a new hard drive with (I think) 300GB. I thought it might be better if I got a new hard drive that has more space anyway because I have so many files that take up a lot of room. I wasn't sure how to install Windows Vista on the new hard drive, but I used the System Recovery DVD for Windows Vista Home Basic and it worked. When it installed, it said it might restart a few times while installing programs, but it's been restarting on and off for hours now (and it's definitely not installing new programs). I can enter Safe Mode, but I don't know what to do when I get there to stop it from restarting. I was also just looking at the Computer drive and it says 19.0 GB used and only 4.91GB is free which really confused me because the whole reason I got the hard drive is to get more space. Is there something I'm doing wrong when installing the new hard drive? Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users