Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran Combofix and wanting advice from a professional..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KellySue69

KellySue69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

Okay, I have been having some issues for the past few weeks with my computer and I came to the realization that it was a virus, trojan, not really sure. I typed in my symptoms on google and was lead to a topic that was closed on this site and the person's problems were exactly the same as mine. The expert that gave him advice told him to run Combofix, so I figured I would as well. I know, I KNOW it was bad to do it without an expert helping me along, but I didn't feel like waiting around and eventually losing everything on my computer. Well Combofix didn't hurt my PC at all, but now I have the log from it and I am in no way able to make an understanding of what it is saying.

All in all, I was hoping that a trained professional could help me and let me post my log on here so they could help me read it. Again, I know it was a mistake to use it at my own risk (plus Mcafe wasn't disabling so that was running while Combofix was too and that was a big no no). Though I did use the instructions so that was probably the only smart thing done on my part.

Thanks in advance! And I'm sorry if a topic like this already exists! I'm a complete n00b around here. :thumbsup:

(Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 22 April 2009 - 10:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

We do not respond to Combofix logs in this particular forum

If you would like to, you can prepare a HJT log following our guide:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Then post it in the proper forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

You can mention that you ran Combofix, but do not post the log unless asked
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users