Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have the conficker virus... help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaded79

jaded79

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

We have 4 computers running at work (not on a network), and I believe one of them has the conficker virus. It started displaying stop errors yesterday, (we've seen 3 or 4 different error codes since then), and now it won't allow us to open the internet browser. I started nosing around, and found that Norton was missing. It's not listed on our programs list, and when i did a search for norton, i found the file, but there are no install files listed in it. I also searched through windows explorer, and found my windows update folder empty. Could this be the conficker virus? And if so, HOW do you remove it if you can't even access the internet? I can download programs on another computer and burn to disc, but that's about it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! This is the computer all of our Quickbooks runs off, including payroll. I have until Friday to figure this out! Also I forgot to mention, I tried to hit F2 or F12 or something, but there is no power to my keyboard during start-up (can't turn caps lock light on or anything)... is this odd?

Edited by jaded79, 21 April 2009 - 10:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jaded79

jaded79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

OK, never mind. I see no one replied to my post. I deleted Norton and installed AVG Free and downloaded all microsoft updates. That seemed to help cuz now i can open my browser and I'm no longer getting blue screens. Oh well! Hope it stays gone. Thanks anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users