Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Docking Station / Port Replicator

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Afternoon All,

Hoping you might be able to clarify something for me.

I'm looking at purchasing a docking station/port replicator for my Sony Vaio SR series.

The info on the product names the ports, saying that the DVI-D port is only compatable with an external Gfx model.

Can you confirm what an external Gfx is and how i would know if my system has this as part of the configuration ??

Many Thanks in advance for your help,
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I am assuming the Port Replicator states its only compatible with the external graphics adapter. This likely means that it needs a laptop that uses separate graphics adapter not one that's integrated into the chipset. If your laptop has the Nvidia logo or ATI logo it likely has the needed hardware. Can you list the model number of your laptop?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users