Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major infections, can't do much of anything. Logs posted!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigdonk

bigdonk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

I know I am majorly infected. I tried to install a fresh copy of windows on a new harddrive then pull some files across and I am reinfected again. I was able to get to f-secure and run but after it found 800+ entries it locked up and gave IEPLORE.EXE error and shut down. I can't get to any of the online scanner sites anymore and I can't get to Windows update either and I have a fresh install of XP with no updates, no sp2. I will constanly monitor this post in hopes someone can help me.

HijackThis LOG

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:47:22 AM, on 4/21/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
d:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\reader_s.exe
D:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\reader_s.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Don\Desktop\Fix\HiJackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "d:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [reader_s] C:\WINDOWS\System32\reader_s.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "D:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [reader_s] C:\Documents and Settings\Don\reader_s.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [svc] c:\program Files\ThunMail\testabd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\txaaaar7.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Windows Resurections] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\txaaaar7.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Diagnostic Manager] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\1457757810.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [VRT1] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\VRT1.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [reader_s] C:\Documents and Settings\Don\reader_s.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [svc] c:\program Files\ThunMail\testabd.exe (User 'Default user')
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {BDBDE413-7B1C-4C68-A8FF-C5B2B4090876} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.3) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - d:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

--
End of file - 2925 bytes

Please help,

Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bigdonk

bigdonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Been advised to do a full format and wipe.

Thanks

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Hello.

Yes, you had the file infector Virut, so doing a full wipe is a good idea since there is no other way to fix it.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 28 April 2009 - 07:16 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hello.

Since the problem appears to be resolved, this topic is now Closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.

This applies only to the original topic starter

Everyone else please start a new topic in the Hijackthis-Malware Removal Forum.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users