Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with PAV virus!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miss_N

Miss_N

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hello, I'm new here and earlier while I was surfing a screen pop up and said that I was infected with Trojan virus, and I ignore it thinking probably one of these cons I clicked cancel and a bit after another screen came up showing the the screen shot of "My Computer" and It said all my files were infected I actually thought It was real and install the application It suggested which was called "Personal Antivirus" then It took me seconds after to realise that screen shot was a CID!!!! so It was too late I tried to go in "Add/remove programs" and delete it but It wasn't there :thumbsup: So I went online in google type in "PAV" and came up with lots of forum of people saying that It can be fix with Combofix so I type in Combofix and installed it like It said and I got the logs from it as well. So here I am, sorry for my lack of knowledge in this field It's hard for me to explain the problem because I don't know nothing about viruses, etc :flowers: but I hope that someone can help me! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theunbubba

theunbubba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

I got an email back from my cousin who I helped get the Pav to stop blocking his internet traffic. He wrote an email to the people that wrote this "antivirus" program. they wrote back:
----------------------------------
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support Center.
Please follow my instructions to uninstall Personal Antivirus

1.Open My computer, choose Disk C;
2.Find the folder Program Files\Common Files\Uninstal\PAV\Uninstall.exe;
3.Run the file Uninstall.exe

After that our product will be removed.
Feel free to contact us if you need any help

support@softsupportmail.com

-----------------------------------
I don't know if this actually works.(we already cured his) Maybe somebody will volunteer to try it. It could be that they leave this way out to keep from being taken to court.
Could it really be this simple?

By the way. That came from :
securityhelpcenter.com

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

I don't know nothing about viruses, etc blush.gif

You're lucky that Combofix didn't do any damage

The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note:
-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Note 2:
-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Miss_N

Miss_N
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:28 AM

LOL yeah since no one was replying I had to do something and did a research on the net and found someone that asked me to download malwarebytes so I did and since then It's okay :thumbsup:

Well thank you guys for responding though!

#5 DocSatan

DocSatan

Bleepin' Wanna-Be

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1232798

Yeah.."LOL".

I replied to your post 26 minutes after you posted...and you never replied back. There are instructions there for you, but since you seem to have asked for help elsewhere, I guess you won't be needing it.

Next time you ask for help and then decide that you no longer need help, please tell someone. At least post back in your original topic saying so. This way a volunteer like myself won't have to spend time researching your Log and putting together a fix for you. It's the considerate thing to do.

Doc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users