Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp 64bit - unmountable_boot_volume

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sugarcult126

sugarcult126

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hi, recently my computer kept restarting but I was able to mess around and figure out the error message in the BSOD.

Unmountable_Boot_Volume

Stop: 0x000000ED

I've booted into the CD and went to chkdsk /r - but it goes to 51%, then slowly up to 75%, then back again to 51%, and keeps going back.

What should I do? I'm not that great of a techie either. :$

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

I would download the check tool for your hdd (seatools for seagates etc)
then

"Insert the WinXP CD and boot into Recovery Console !!

after entering there, when u will get the C:\Windows, type the following three commands and hit Enter after each line !!

chkdsk /p
chkdsk /r (dont cancel if it takes too long, just wait until it finishes)
fixboot C: (in case your windows is installed on another drive, change the driver letter according to that)

after it finishes, type Exit, and ur system will restart, take out the CD and it shud boot with your drive now without any problem :thumbsup:"
thanks to SheharyaarSaahil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users