Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second Video Card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Hi,

I'm using Vista Ultimate on my custom PC that I've put a "EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card" in it.

For most everything the video card works great. But I've noticed on occasion that when I'm on a site that has video and I go to watch what looks like a great picture in the small mode to watching it "full screen" it becomes focus challenged to the point of being down right blurry!

Would an added video card to the one that I already have fix this? Or is this focus challenged blur have to do with something else all together?

Any and all advice and recommendations are always welcome. Thanks.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

A second video card probably won't help a focas problem.

If you are using a LCD monitor make sure it is set to its "native" [recommended] resolution.

If you are using a CRT monitor try lowering the resolution if it is set fairly high.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

It's because your monitor is running at a high resolution, maybe even higher than HD. The videos your watching aren't recorded at that high of a resolution. To make them bigger, you are really just stretching the image.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users