Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backing up IE7 Favorites without wizard?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luke318is

Luke318is

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hi there. I am currently working on backing up and formatting a drive for my family.

I Have their SATA HD running as a secondary drive on my personal PC. I am currently backing up important files. When it comes to backing up IE7 Favorites, how do i do it without using the wizard (because i am using the drive as a secondary drive...)

Should i browse the drive and find internet expolorer and try using the wizard from the secondary drive? or is there simply a bookmarks file i can just backup?

Any help much appreciated.

-Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

You can easily back up favorites.
Open up the drive the favorites are on.
It's been awhile since I've had a secondary drive, so I hope what I recall is correct.

If on the secondary drive, you see My Computer, open it up.
Then click on Documents and Settings.
You'll see each user account listed.
Open them up, there will be a favorites folder.

You can then highlight the folder, and on the left side of the page under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy.
The copy box will open, choose where you want the folder to be moved to, then click Copy.

If you can't find the Favorites, do a search for Favorites. Set the search parameter to search only the secondary drive.

#3 Luke318is

Luke318is
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Of course, thanks a lot, worked like a charm. In fact, i had already backed them up HAHA

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Whatever method was used, I'm glad you got them backed up.
Have fun with the formatting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users