Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear DG834G Logon problems.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Faz

Faz

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

Ive got a Netgear DG834G wireles router from Sky Broadband. Ive had it for ages and changed the default password when I first set it up. Me being clever cant remember the password to log into it now.

Ive tried resetting it to factory defaults to put the login details back to:

Name: admin
Password: password or 1234

I reset it using both methods on the Netgear support site [ http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1148 ] but still no joy. The SSID and network key have both changed to the default but the login details have not.

Are there any other things I could try before I smash the thing to bits?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hmm interesting.. those are default username and password of that model.

But skybroadband sometimes change them to

admin : admin
password : sky

If that doesnt work would trying resetting it again and try using it in different broswers or else easy way is to call Skytech support (Free number is 0800 0287855) :thumbsup:

Edited by sreez, 20 April 2009 - 07:57 PM.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 Faz

Faz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

aha, the password was 'sky'.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users