Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create a .reg file to delete a Registry key

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lil Rizy

Lil Rizy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

I would like to create a .reg file to delete a entry key in windows xp registry. I assume i need to export that registry area and import to another computer but not really sure. This reg file is not for me , it's for someone else. any help would be great. Thanks

I want to delete these.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBt\Parameters
In the right pane of Registry Editor, delete the following values if they are present:
NodeType
DhcpNodeType

Edited by Lil Rizy, 20 April 2009 - 11:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lil Rizy

Lil Rizy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

okay never mind, I found out how to do this. here is how,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516

Deleting Registry Keys and Values
To delete a registry key with a .reg file, put a hyphen (-) in front of the RegistryPath in the .reg file. For example, to delete the Test subkey from the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software
put a hyphen in front of the following registry key in the .reg file:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Test
The following example has a .reg file that can perform this task.
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Test]
To delete a registry value with a .reg file, put a hyphen (-) after the equals sign following the DataItemName in the .reg file. For example, to delete the TestValue registry value from the following registry key:
put a hyphen after the "TestValue"= in the .reg file. The following example has a .reg file that can perform this task.
"TestValue"=-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users