Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp pro display probs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 compnut

compnut

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi every one , ive have been away from my desktop pc for 5 months , when returning and switching on as normal , after 20 mins the display suddenly went very weird almost like being out of focus .. ive looked at the ati settings and display settings but nothing would rectify the problem .also if i try to watch a dvd the colours are yellow and green and get worse with more movment .... i wounder if you can help me please ..

Edited by compnut, 20 April 2009 - 09:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James K

James K

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

Hi compnut,

What kind of display monitor do you use?
I would suggest looking at the refresh rate which you are using, if you head to Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Monitor
Make sure that "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is ticked and see what refresh rate is currently being used. Also check which resolution you are using.

Also as it has been 5 months since you last used your desktop it might be worth checking for a video card driver update.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

James

#3 compnut

compnut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

hi james , ty ,, i have a 19 inch screen . yes tried the refresh rate also . , but yet no avail .. havnt tried up dates yet but will do asap . cheers once again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users