Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comcast 250gb Bandwith This For Real ????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DJboutit

DJboutit

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

I heard that comcast only allows 250gb bandwith a month is this ture or just to scare people from using to much internet. If you 250gb banwith in a month what will happen I am just wondering??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/amendment/

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

Previously, it was unlimited. Now Comcast has put 250GB/month limit for residential users. But there are things heard that they throttle the internet speed for heavy users. So its like those old time restaurants with tag "Eat as much as you can in $10" but when someone started to eat too much, they made excuses like they had run out of supply etc.

#4 James K

James K

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

250GB is a huge bandwidth limit!

BT limit residentials users in packages of 10GB, 15GB and then the unlimited package!

250GB is a good bandwidth limit, unless im missing somthing!

James,

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

DJboutit,

I am directing you to the Comcast help forums, provided for Comcast customers, and are a great resource for vendor specific issues. There are forums for computer issues, email issues, security, internet, cable tv, and CDV.
Many times we, the users there, can provide answers tech support and customer service can't.

Click the link below, you'll be sent to the sign in page. Log in with your Comcast user ID (the part before .net) and your password. You will next see a first time forum users page, asking you to choose a screen name for use in the forums. Once you set that up, you'll be taken to the actual forums.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/

(Once you get to the forum, save the page to your favorites. If you want to get to it from the Comcast home page, you have to jump through hoops to reach it)

If you use SmartZone to access your mail, and have questions, that is the place to post. SmartZone is a hot topic right now.

In your case, after getting to the main forum page, look toward the top of the page, right next to a big orange button that says GO, click on advanced search.
In the line next to With all the words type in bandwith limits.
Scroll down, set it to 50 results per page, hit search.
When the search results come up, click on the words Date and Time to get the results in order from newer to older.

You will know which topics are about the limit. It was a very hot topic for a while. If you have any questions about it, start a new topic in the appropriate forum, which would be 100% Pure Broadband.
If you use Comcast provided McAfee, read the post Comcast McAfee Security Suite Bandwidth Monitor in the Internet Connection forum.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 April 2009 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users