Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

norton

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chicken2

chicken2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

so i ran the nortan anti virus on my Windows folder and system32, and mostly everything in there was infected with a trojan virus and some of them wouldn't quarantine.. so my question is, what exactly in those folders, if i deleted them, what would it do to my computer..Norton said to delete them, but i'm scared because it gives that really scary warning about deleting stuff...so i wanna know if it's ok to delete the stuff in those folders. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

You paid good money for Norton, so you should be able to trust it.
You might choose to run Norton AV in safe mode, which may make more identified viruses able to be quarantined.
As I remember, Norton will provide a "backup" folder (read its HELP section for details) of items you delete so that you can restore any file that is needed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users