Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 solego

solego

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Okay, here we go. This problem is the culmination of many problems, I'm guessing.

On April 12th, I renewed my subsciption to Zone Alarm (hang in there). I only got it working today. They have an entire website forum dedicated to bad installs. During those close to two weeks, I have been experiencing some wierd problems. Every now and then, my computer would suddenly crash and reboot. It didn't happen too often and I thought it might be related to my Zone Alarm problem. Also, programs themselves would start crashing; browsers, CCeaner, Spybot S&D, etc.

Today, I finally got Zone Alarm working with a valid license, athough I'm not exactly sure how I did it.

I still experienced my browsers shutting down unexpectedly and shortly after, I got the dreaded Blue Screen of Death!!!

I installed Spyware Doctor because I thought maybe that I had an infection, but that obviously didn't work. Here is the information from the blue screen.

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x805226F8

I've done my research on the interwebz and have an idea as to the causes. But, having an idea as to what causes it doesn't make me any closer to figuring it out.

In the effort to take some initiative, these are the digitally UNsigned device drivers that I discovered

Alcxwdm.sys 06/15/2005
Asushwio.sys 04/27/2004
Fidbox.dat 04/19/2009
Fidbox.idx 04/19/2009
Flashsys.sys 01/31/2008

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

WindowsXP Home Edition

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users