Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon 9600

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dvyain

Dvyain

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:41 PM

I just recently got a radeon 9600 to replace my radeon 7500 saphire. I play the game counterstrike. In game play I got roughly 100-70 frames per second with the radeon 75. After putting in the 96 the frams per second were almost identical, and other players looked "glitchy" or "laggy". On a meer whim I put the graphics abilities to full quality, rather than performance, and I'm gettin' better frame-rates with everything on high, which is obviously abnormal, and I'm just curious if I could tweak this some how to top out it's potential performace. Any help or ideas would be great, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

Dear Dvyain,

When you put your quality setting on high you lose graphics. You would not notice them unless you knew they were there before.

Try playing FryCry and doing the same thing. You will see a huge difference. ATI has a control panel that lets you fool around with settings. You can download it at ATI's website.

I would not overclock the card yourself. There are several programs that know when to overdrive your card and when not to.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users