Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox to vista pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iron mum

iron mum

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

My apologies if this is in the wrong place.
My son was given the xbox wireless adapter for his birthday on Thursday and since then I'Ve been trying to set it up.
The adapter shows green and the xbox tells me there is a connection to my wanadoo(orange) livebox but it can't connect to xbox live.
I'm assuming It needs a network connection (sorry if I'm wrong) but the xbox shows up in my computer as Wan miniport PPPOE dissconected and I can't get it to connect as it says there is a an error 815.
The adapter shows green and the xbox shows connected but it won't connect to xbox live, connect to my computer or windows media.
I have vista home premium and bitdefender 2009 total security (not installed for the moment due to another error)
I'm not very good at networking and any help will be wonderful/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hi, connecting the Xbox360 should be fairly simple but issues can and do arrise. I would go back to the start, disconnect the xbox and start again. Here is a usefull link for setting up the Xbox http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/...ectionlist.aspx

Edited by Monty007, 19 April 2009 - 05:35 PM.

MCP
MSDST

#3 iron mum

iron mum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

Finally got it sorted and would you believe the sticker at the bottom of the livebox had the wrong wep key.
I had checked the key several times but never counted it till last night and instead of the 26 it had 27, I went to my livebox web page and got the key from there and bingo xbox now connected.
Of all the things I had checked then doubled checked the amount of digits had never crossed my mind.
I now have one happy son.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users