How to display the same message before Windows loads:
Ex: for a business that you want your employees to read before logging in.
- click START->RUN->type regedit to start the registry editor
- Navigate to key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- right-click LegalNoticeCaption and select Modify
- type Attention where it says Value Data, and click OK
- right-click LegalNoticeText and click Modify
- Where it has Value Data, type the message that you want to say, and click OK
I have this on some of my clients' computers, so that if the computer goes out and comes back, it can NOT get online, without them knowing about it. Well, they have to click OK, anyway.
I do have a few more Logon tricks, and will edit this message as necessary.