Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter on Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dark hydra

dark hydra

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hey!

I have problem i just can't solve. i have a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter and it won't work with Windows Vista. i found the "netr61.sys" (driver) file on linksys' webpage, but i have no idea about what i am supposed to do with this file. please help me.

- Mads Braas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:15 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

You'll need the appropriate driver to make the wireless adapter work properly. It may be easier to install the drivers off the disc that came with the adapter. If you do not have the disc, then you'll have to download them off the internet.

Is the driver you found through this webpage? http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WMP54G/download . I'm not sure witch version yours is though.

Are you able to download the file? If so, are you able to run the file? What type of file is it (does it end with .exe, .zip, .rar, etc.)
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users