Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer starts beeping every 3- 10 seconds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joanglover

joanglover

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Please help. I use my computer to produce wedding videos and I cannot afford to have it crash. Please help me understand how I can fix this. I don't know what the beeping code is.

I just "air" cleaned the inside of the cpu out about 4 months ago. Maybe a fan is dying? Maybe its my monitor? I have read the other forums but cannot figure it out.

When it starts beeping, other programs are slow to react and it won't shut down properly.

Thank you so much,
Joanie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

When it beeps is it 1 long beep or a series ?

It sounds like a CPU overheating issue.

I would open the case & inspect the CPU heatsink/fan & see if they are dirty.
I would also start the unit with the case open & watch the fan to see if it is spinning properly.

One other thing you can do is download a utility that monitors the temperature & install it.

PC Wizard is aq small system info utility that will show the temps [provide the chipset has the feature]

http://www.cpuid.com/download/pcw2008_v1871.exe

Once it's installed open it & click on the icon in the lower right that looks like a temp gauge.
Post the Processor temp.

If you minimize PC Wizard to the taskbar it will show the temp in the upper right corner of the monitor & you can see if the CPU is overheating when the unit starts beeping.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users