One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/Rootkit
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.
If you decide you want to proceed with trying to clean your machine please follow these next steps.
We will begin with ComboFix.
Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2Link 3* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt
in your next reply.This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper
If you need help, see this link:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixNext
Please download gmer.zip
and save to your desktop.
- Extract (unzip) the file to its own folder such as C:\Gmer. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure.)
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Click on Please download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
- Double-click on gmer.exe to start the program.
- Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- You may be prompted to scan immediately if GMER detects rootkit activity.
- If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
- If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
- On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
- Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
- Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
- When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
- Save the file as gmer.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
- Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
Run DDS again and post back with the new DDS.txt only.
Please post back here with: